The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) is the hub of grants and contracts administration for the Georgetown University Medical Center (GUMC). Doreen Robinson, Ph.D., has led the office since April 2011. OSR is the Authorized Organizational Representative (AOR) for the Georgetown University Medical Center (GUMC) and the only GUMC organization authorized to bind the Medical Center in sponsored research agreements.
OSR is responsible for reviewing grant and contract applications for compliance with sponsor and University policies, in cooperation with other University administrative offices. Please visit the “Proposals Page” on OSR's site for information on the proposal submission process.
The OSR pre-award office activities include:
- proposal preparation guidance
- reviewing application packages
- coordination of administrative approvals
- and electronic submission of proposals to federal sponsors.
OSR post-award office main duties include:
- reviewing and approving all proposal application packages,
- negotiating agreements with other institutions and establishes awards, including sub-awards and clinical trial agreements.
- establishing, managing and closing-out of grant and contract awards with sponsors, collaborating institutions, including sub-awards and clinical trial agreements.