Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation for Cancer Research
Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation supports promising physician scientists who are applying novel and state-of-the-art techniques to address fundamental problems in the genesis and treatment of blood related cancers. This opportunity is for two junior faculty members: one who is conducting mainstream or conventional research and one who is conducting complementary or integrative research.
Georgetown University has been invited to submit two grant applications: one for a mainstream/conventional research project and one for an integrative medicine research project.If you would like to pursue this opportunity, please submit:
- one-page outline of your research proposal
- NIH-type biosketch (5-page limit)
as a single document (both outline and biosketch) to Jennifer Kluge at firstname.lastname@example.org (new window) no later than Friday, July 12, 2019. An internal academic committee will review applications to select the university’s nominee.
$225,000 over 3 years
- Internal application deadline: July 12, 2019
- Application deadline (if nominated): August 16, 2019
- Have an MD or PhD
- Hold a junior faculty position at a 501(c)(3) teaching research institution
- Hold the designation of Assistant Professor (Associate Professors may apply for *Integrative* projects only)
- Have institutional support in form of tenure track OR be an independent junior faculty member
- Have held their current position no longer than five years (for conventional projects only)
- Clearly state that they have both independent research projects and independent resources
- Have preliminary results and/or publications from their independent laboratory
For more information visit the Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation website and review their guidelines. Contact Becky Pfordresher, Director, Office of Institutional Partnerships at (202) 687-1067 or Becky.Pfordresher@georgetown.edu (new window) with further questions.