The Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation Faculty Scholars Program
Macy Faculty Scholar awards are given to 5 mid-career nursing or medical school faculty who are committed to careers in health professional education, are innovators, and have shown promise as future leaders.
The program supports the awarded scholars in leading new educational innovations at their home institutions and will provide opportunities for further career development through national meetings and participation in other Macy activities.
$200,000 over two years
- Internal Deadline: January 3, 2020
- Sponsor Deadline: February 5, 2020
- Be nominated by the dean of their school, with at least 50 percent of the candidate’s time protected to pursue an educational change project at their institution.
- Have a faculty mentor who will advise the candidate on the candidate’s educational innovation project and career development.
- Be doctorally-prepared
- Have served for five or more years as a full-time faculty member
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its territories.
Address these to be competitive.
The following factors will be considered in the selection process:
- Evidence of a strong commitment to a career as an educator in the health professions.
- Early promise as an educator and institutional leader.
- Evidence of innovation and creativity in career to date.
- Merit of the educational innovation proposed and the likelihood that it will influence national trends in health professions education.
- Evidence of strong institutional support.
- Likelihood that the candidate will become a national leader in health professions education.
- Evidence that the candidate’s institution supports the careers of educators and is a fertile environment for educational innovation.
Send the following as a single PDF document to Jennifer Kluge at email@example.com (new window)
- 1-page proposed educationally-innovative project description with a rationale for why you should be nominated. Rationale and project description should consider aforementioned “Selection Criteria to be Competitive”.
- Abbreviated CV or NIH-style biosketch
View the Macy Foundation Guidelines pdf for more information.
For further questions about the sponsor, contact George Kosar, Assistant Vice President, Office of Institutional Partnerships at George.firstname.lastname@example.org (new window).