Radiological Society of North America Research Scholar Grant
Radiological Society of North America Research Scholar Grant supports junior faculty members who have completed resident and fellowship programs, but haven’t been recognized as independent investigators.
Any area of research in the radiologic sciences is eligible for funding. Projects may include any of the following:
Hypothesis-driven basic science
- Clinical investigation
- Drug, device or therapy development
- Comparative effectiveness
- Evidence-based radiology
- Ethics and professionalism
- Quality improvement
- Clinical practice efficiency
- Imaging informatics
$150,000 over two years
- Internal Deadline: December 13, 2019
- Sponsor Deadline (if nominated): January 15, 2020
- Hold a full-time faculty position in a department of radiology, radiation oncology or nuclear medicine
- Have been hired within the last 5 years with an academic rank of instructor, assistant professor or an equivalent title.
- Have completed advanced training and be certified by either the American Board of Radiology (ABR), The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or are on track for certification.
- Cannot have been a principal investigator on a grant or contract totaling more than $60,000 in a single year. This includes single and combined grants and contracts from government, private and commercial sources.
Address these to be competitive.
Research Plan evaluation will include, but is not limited to the following criteria:
- Significance and Innovation: Does the research address an important and relevant problem in which imaging may play an important role? What is the likely impact on clinical care or advancing radiologic science if successful? Is the research to be considered innovative?
- Approach: Is the hypothesis clear and well developed? Are the experiments well designed and appropriate to test the hypothesis? Is the proposed statistical analysis of the data appropriate for the study design? Is there a reasonable chance of completion within the time frame of the grant? Is the budget realistic for the research proposed?s
Send the following as a single PDF document to Jennifer Kluge at email@example.com (new window)
- 1-page research proposal with a rationale for why you should be nominated and how your proposed research addresses the aforementioned “Selection Criteria to be Competitive”.
- Abbreviated CV or NIH-style biosketch
For further questions about the sponsor, contact George Kosar, Assistant Vice President, Office of Institutional Partnerships at George.firstname.lastname@example.org (new window).