The Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation
Posted in Announcement | Tagged Funding, Limited Submission
The Macy Faculty Scholars Program is designed to identify and nurture the careers of the next generation of promising educational innovators in medicine and nursing. The program supports the Macy Faculty Scholars to lead new educational innovations at their home institutions. The program also provides opportunities for further career development through national meetings and participation in other Macy activities. The Macy Foundation has invited Georgetown University to submit two nominations total from the Medical Center (one from the School of Nursing and Health Studies and one from another Medical Center program).
Areas of particular interest include:
- Interprofessional education to promote teamwork and interprofessional collaboration.
- New models of clinical education that emphasize longitudinal, integrated experiences with patients, families, and faculty.
- New content in health professional curricula such as quality improvement, patient safety, systems analysis, health economics, and the social determinants of health.
- Education of health professionals to care for underserved populations, including addressing the need for more primary care providers.
- Programs to diversify the health professional workforce so that it more closely matches – across many dimensions – the populations served.
- Domestic programs that promote understanding of global health and population health.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit the items below as a single PDF document to Jennifer Kluge at email@example.com no later than Friday, January 4, 2019 :
- One-page outline of your research proposal
- NIH-type biosketch (5-page limit)
The External Awards Review Committee will review applications to select the University’s applicants.
Internal application deadline:
January 4, 2019
Full online application deadline:
February 13, 2019, 3:00 p.m.
- Salary support of up to $100,000 per year for two years
- At least 50 percent protected time for two years to pursue educational projects
- Active mentorship by a senior faculty member at their institution
- Access to the program’s National Advisory Committee
- Opportunities to participate in the Macy Faculty Scholars alumni network and attend the Annual Macy Faculty Scholars Meeting
- Be a doctorally-prepared faculty member in good standing at the sponsoring school
- Have an institutional commitment for the protection of at least 50% of the applicant’s time
- Have served for five or more years as a faculty member, ideally at the sponsoring school
- Have an identified faculty mentor who will provide advice on the candidate’s project and career development
- Have an educational innovation project with the appropriate institutional support
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its territories
Past Scholars can be found at http://www.macyfoundation.org/macy-scholars/meet-the-scholars (new window).
12/12/2018 Informational webinar registration can be found at https://cc.readytalk.com/registration/#/?meeting=y61ozbct9cdt&campaign=1vqqjdhi1zdk (new window).
http://macyfoundation.org/macy-scholars (new window) http://macyfoundation.org/docs/macy_pubs/JMF_FacultyScholars_Brochure_2018_webFinal.pdf (new window)
Various resources are available to Georgetown investigators. We encourage you to visit the Office of the Dean for Research (new window), Research Development Services (new window), and the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations.