Funding Opportunity: Doris Duke Charitable Foundation
Posted in Announcement | Tagged Funding
The DDCF Clinical Scientist Development Award provides grants to junior physician-scientists to facilitate the critical transition to independent clinical research careers. This transition is often more difficult for physician-scientists conducting clinical research than for other researchers, as these individuals must balance the demands of seeing patients with those of conducting research.
$450,000 (plus $36,000 for indirect costs) over 3 years. Up to 16 applications funded.
This is a highly competitive award with a success rate of 9% for last year’s competition. It is recommended that applicants have significant research experience and strong publication records.
- Hold an M.D. or foreign equivalent, or a D.O. degree from an accredited institution.
- Have valid, active US medical license at time of application, but do not have to be US citizen.
- Have a full-time faculty position as Assistant Professor. Have been appointed to their first full-time faculty position between November 1, 2009 and November 1, 2013.
- Not be the principal investigator of a multi-year grant with annual direct funding in the amount of $225,000 or higher with start date prior to and inclusive of July 1, 2015.
- Not be the principal investigator or co-principal investigator on a NIH R01 research grant or equivalent that has a start date prior to and inclusive of July 1, 2015.
- Be guaranteed a minimum overall research time protection of 75% of full-time professional effort by the institution where the applicant has an appointment.
- Experiments that use animals or primary tissues derived from animals will not be supported.
Eligibility criteria exception request deadline
October 3, 2014
Pre-proposal application deadline
October 31, 2014
Full proposal (if invited) deadline
February 24, 2015
For more details visit http://www.ddcf.org/Global/MedicalResearch/2015%20CSDA/2015%20CSDA%20RFA%20and%20Instructions.pdf
GU investigators considering a submission are encouraged to notify Carma Fauntleroy, Senior Director, Foundation Relations, Office of Advancement (202) 687-1023 or email@example.com. Office of Advancement staff is prepared to offer application assistance.