Convocation Faculty Research Award Nominations
Posted in Announcement
On Wednesday, November 5, 2014, the Sixth Annual GUMC Convocation will bring together Georgetown University Medical Center students, faculty, and staff in a unified celebration recognizing unique and outstanding achievements in research, education, and service. As part of our Convocation, GUMC faculty are invited to nominate a colleague who is actively engaged in research pursuits for special recognition in two categories: the GUMC Leadership in Research Award and the GUMC Research Recognition Award. The selection criteria for each award are listed below; to nominate a research faculty colleague, please fill out the online nomination form.
Please nominate only one GUMC faculty member per award. Self-nomination is acceptable. Submissions must be received by Friday, October 10, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
GUMC Leadership in Research Award
The GUMC Leadership in Research Award will be given for nationally-recognized achievement in research. Examples of criteria for this award are as follows:
- Leadership of a large, collaborative interactive team science grant (e.g. NIH P-series, multi-center, high-impact clinical trial, resident/fellow training).
- Induction into prestigious academic society (e.g. National Academy of Sciences (NAS), Institute of Medicine (IOM)).
GUMC Research Recognition Award
Nominate candidates here: https://docs.google.com/a/georgetown.edu/forms/d/1w6QcH5geHpbCOsGnA9FRqSFfzoYlYgP3kCaE5X3IN1A/viewform
The GUMC Research Recognition Award honors research achievement at Georgetown University. Examples of criteria for this award include the following:
- Receipt of first R01 or other first major independent grant (e.g., NSF, DoD, ACS, AHA) from the prior academic year (2013-2014).
- Superior scholarship as evidenced by recent publications in prestigious journals and a consistent record of highly-cited, influential publications.
- Editorial board membership of a well-recognized peer-reviewed journal; external peer recognition of scholarly accomplishment (e.g. best paper, best poster); elected or named to leadership within an academic society.
Examples of additional supporting criteria include:
- Attainment of “fellow” status or equivalent in an academic society;
- NIH Study section membership/chairmanship;
- NIH DSMB or Scientific Advisory Committee membership/chairmanship.
For further information regarding these awards, please contact Jennifer Kluge, Chief of Staff to the Dean for Research at firstname.lastname@example.org. General questions regarding the Convocation activities should be directed to the GUMC Office of Communications at email@example.com.
We thank you in advance for your nominations and look forward for honoring our colleagues on November 5.