2020 Sloan Research Fellowships
The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Sloan Research Fellowships aim to stimulate fundamental research by early-career scientists and scholars of outstanding promise. These two-year fellowships are awarded yearly to 126 researchers in recognition of distinguished performance and a unique potential to make substantial contributions to their field.
Georgetown University has been invited to submit three grant applications. If you would like to pursue this opportunity, please submit:
- one-page outline of your research proposal
- NIH-type biosketch (5-page limit)
- a brief response to the eligibility requirements
as a single document (both outline and biosketch) to Jennifer Kluge at email@example.com no later than Monday, July 22, 2019. An internal academic committee will review applications to select the university’s nominee.
- Internal application deadline: July 22, 2019
- Application deadline (if nominated): September 16, 2019
- Candidates must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, Ocean Sciences, Physics, or a related field.
- Candidates must be tenure-track, though untenured, as of September 16, 2019.
- Candidate’s faculty position must carry a regular teaching obligation.
Visit the Sloan Fellowship website for more information. Please direct further questions to Becky Pfordresher, Director, Office of Institutional Partnerships at (202) 687-1067 or Becky.Pfordresher@georgetown.edu.