2020 Pew-Stewart Scholars Program for Cancer Research
Posted in Announcement | Tagged Funding, Limited Submission
The Pew-Stewart Scholars for Cancer Research Program supports assistant professors of outstanding promise in science relevant to the advancement of a cure for cancer. The award provides $300,000 in flexible support—$75,000 per year for a four-year period. In line with The Stewart Trust’s mission to invest in innovative, cutting-edge cancer research that may accelerate and advance progress toward a cure for cancer, applications are invited from nominees conducting cancer research. Strong proposals will incorporate particularly creative and pioneering approaches in cancer research.
Georgetown University’s Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center has been invited to submit one grant application. If you would like to pursue this opportunity, please submit:
- a one-page outline of your research proposal
- a NIH-type biosketch (5-page limit)
as a single PDF document (both abstract and biosketch) to Jennifer Kluge at email@example.com no later than Monday, May 20, 2019. An internal academic committee will review applications to select the university’s nominee.
$300,000 over 4 years
- Internal Application deadline: May 20, 2019
- Nomination deadline (if selected): June 14, 2019
- External Application deadline (if nominated): October 10, 2019
- Doctorate in biomedical sciences, medicine or a related field.
- As of October 15, 2019, must hold full-time appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor. (Appointments such as Research Assistant Professor, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Assistant Professor Research Track, Visiting Professor or Instructor are not eligible.)
- On June 29, 2019, must have been in an appointment for less than three years (not appointed before June 29, 2016), whether or not such appointment was on a tenure track.
- Review committee gives considerable weight to evidence that candidate is a successful independent investigator and has published significant work.
- Candidate may be nominated by their institution two times in total.
For further questions, please contact, Becky Pfordresher, Interim Senior Director, Corporate & Foundation Relations, (202) 687-1067 or Becky.Pfordresher@georgetown.edu.
Visit the Pew Stewart Scholars for Cancer Research Website for more information.