2018 Research Support Services Evaluation Results
Posted in Announcement
Our first Research Support Services Evaluation has been completed and I am happy to share the results with you. The survey was sent to faculty, staff, and students and 250 individuals responded. Over 100 self-identified as interested in participating in focus groups and providing additional insights. Most informative was the open response sections of the survey asking about areas for refinement and areas of excellence. We received over 1,000 individual comments from across all departments.
I am pleased to report that many steps were already in progress to address identified weaknesses and based upon your comments, we will continue to focus on new areas based upon your feedback and specific comments. Some of the most notable efforts thus far include:
- selection of a new IRB system which will vastly improve the online application system
- centralization of shared resources to offer more access to the GU community
- centralization of the clinical research coordinators to enable more clinical trials in smaller departments
- launched OnCore, the clinical trials management system
- increased pilot funding for new ideas
- initiating a Dean for Research monthly e-newsletter and revamped website
- continued investment in the Offices of Sponsored Research and Research Development Services
- forming an Office of Research Quality Oversight
- improved historical issues in the Division of Comparative Medicine and replaced non-functional IACUC software
An executive summary of the scores (new window) is available so all member of our research community can see the overall results for each area. We will also send an additional email to the community once the team has had a chance to work through the many constructive comments. These comments will provide valuable feedback for continued growth and refinement.
For those who indicated their willingness to follow up, we will reach out to you in the next few weeks. If you did not self identify, but would like to participate in listening sessions, please contact Jennifer Kluge (firstname.lastname@example.org).
I look forward to building upon our successes and improving areas of growth for a stronger research enterprise.
Dean for Research