Pew Scholars Program in Biomedical Sciences
Posted in Announcement | Tagged Funding, Limited Submission
The Pew Scholars Program in Biomedical Sciences funds assistant professors of outstanding promise in science relevant to the advancement of human health. Grants support the independent research of outstanding individuals who are in the first few years of their appointment at the assistant professor level. Candidates whose work is based on biomedical principles, but brings in concepts and theories from more diverse fields, are encouraged to apply. Risk-taking is encouraged. Strong proposals will incorporate particularly creative and innovative approaches.
Georgetown University has been invited to submit one grant application. If you would like to pursue this opportunity, please submit:
- a one-page outline of your research proposal
- a NIH-type biosketch (5-page limit)
as a single PDF document (both abstract and biosketch) to Jennifer Kluge at email@example.com (new window) no later than Monday, June 4, 2018. An internal academic committee will review applications to select the university’s nominee.
Awards: $300,000 over 4 years
- Internal Application: June 4, 2018
- Application (if nominated): October 15, 2018
- Doctorate in biomedical sciences, medicine or a related field.
- As of October 15, 2018, must hold full-time appointment at rank of Assistant Professor. (Appointments such as Research Assistant Professor, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Assistant Professor Research Track, Visiting Professor or Instructor are not eligible.)
- On June 29, 2018, must have been in an appointment for less than three years (not appointed before June 29, 2015), whether or not such appointment was on a tenure track.
- Review committee gives considerable weight to evidence that candidate is a successful independent investigator and has published significant work.
- Candidate may be nominated by their institution two times in total.
Details: For more information about the scholars program (new window)
Contact: For further questions, please contact, Carma Fauntleroy, Senior Director, Corporate & Foundation Relations, (202) 687-1023 or Carma.Fauntleroy@georgetown.edu (new window).