Brain Research Foundation – 2018 Fay/Frank Seed Grants
Posted in Announcement | Tagged Funding, Limited Submission
The Brain Research Foundation Seed Grant program provides start-up funding to full-time Assistant and Associate Professors for new, innovative research projects in the field of neuroscience. Eligible areas of study include molecular and clinical neuroscience as well as studies of neural, sensory, motor, cognitive, behavioral and emotional functioning in health and disease.
Seed Grants are intended for new research that is both innovative and likely to lead to extramural funding. These grants are not intended to supplement existing grants or be used as bridge funding. Proposals must detail new research that is not funded by other sources. Program guidelines note:
- Assistant Professor: Junior faculty with a new research project to generate data that will lead to RO1 grant or comparable external funding will be the first funding priority.
- Associate Professor: Funding for faculty pursuing a new research direction. A new technique is not considered a new direction unless it pertains to a different area of study.
Georgetown University has been invited to submit one grant application. If you would like to pursue this opportunity, please submit:
- one-page outline of your proposal for new research
- NSF or NIH-type biosketch (5-page limit)
as a single document (both outline and biosketch) to Jennifer Kluge at email@example.com (new window) no later than November 27, 2017. An internal academic committee will review applications to select the university’s nominee.
Awards: $80,000 over 2 years
Internal proposal: November 27, 2017
Letter of Intent application: January 8, 2018
- Faculty appointments of Research Assistant Professor and Research Associate Professor are not eligible.
- Salary recovery is not a permissible cost.
For more information about the grant, read the Brain Research Foundation Fay/Frank Seed Grant Program guidelines (new window). Please direct further questions to Carma Fauntleroy, Senior Director, Corporate & Foundation Relations, (202) 687-1023 or Carma.Fauntleroy@georgetown.edu (new window).